2018 Pre-Conference Exclusive Training Opportunity!Name: 2018 Pre-Conference Exclusive Training Opportunity!Date: June 3, 2018Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDTRegistration: Registration is not available at this time.Event Description:
The Mid-Atlantic HPBA and Hearth & Home Technologies are proud to offer the Pre-Conference Training Opportunity below: (Pre-Registration is REQUIRED! There is no on-site registration available for this day. Class size limited to 25 each, first come, first served) Thanks!
Fall Protection for Hearth Professionals
Mark V. Cangemi, CSP, Technical Training Specialist for Honeywell Safety Products
Ron Roseveare, President, Slator, LLC, Roofing business owner and
inventor of several patented roof access and repair products.
This is the third year of our fall protection program. This entire class is ALL DAY HANDS ON. During this one-day training session, attendees will learn how to work safely on various roof types. A challenging roof mock-up will be made for attendees to practice the skills and cover the learning objectives below:
- Evaluate safe access methods for various roof types - forming your plan
- Safe techniques for securing ladders
- Anchor placements and easily locating roof rafters
- Installation of the SLATOR roof ladder bracket and the new V-1 roof anchor
- Sling techniques and working "over the ridge"
- Utilization of mobile fall arrestor systems
- Installation of Miller fall protection products
- Horizontal lifelines
- Harness evaluations and fit test
- Suspension trauma overview
- Sternal vs Dorsal ring use
- Group discussion and problem-solving, reviewing photos of actual roofs and chimneys.
6 NFI Safety/Health/Liability
6 CSIA Health & Safety
"MAHPBA is the glue that holds us all together!"
Spring 2017 NJ Issue (Archive)
**NJ Issue Donors**